Thank you for choosing to consign with Twinkle Rock Kids Consignment! We want to make consigning with us an enjoyable opportunity to earn money for your quality kid items. Here are some guidelines to make your consigning experience a success:
Friends, in the past we have been very lax with your arriving items. We often steam, clean, wipe down and purchase batteries for your items, even though this is the consignor’s responsibility. Regrettably, effective immediately, we will no longer be accepting items that do not arrive in “ready to put on the sales floor” condition. Specifically:
- we will not accept clothing that does not arrive wrinkle-free and flat in a bin or on hangers
- we will not accept toys or gear that does not arrive dust free and wiped down
- we will deduct $2 per battery from your account for battery operated items that do not arrive with working batteries
We know that sometimes items get dusty in storage (even though you cleaned them before you stored them), but would like to avoid turning away any of your items by encouraging you to inspect them carefully for tears, stains or missing/broken pieces before you consider them for consignment with us. Thank you so much for understanding that we want to provide only the best for our customers, and in turn acquire the maximum return on your investment.
GETTING READY TO CONSIGN
We only accept items in excellent, sellable condition that come in laundered, wiped down and ready for sale. We would like to avoid turning away any of your items by encouraging you to inspect them carefully for tears, stains or missing/broken pieces before you consider them for consignment with us.
- We accept boys and girls clothing size Newborn – 14 that is GAP brand or better (scroll down to see our list of no thank you brands.) Think Janie & Jack, Ralph Lauren, Hanna Anderson, GAP, Gymboree, etc.
- When sorting your items, ask yourself, “would I buy this?” This is a good rule of thumb when adding things to your very neat pile and offering them for sale.
- Clothing should arrive freshly laundered and free of lint and pet hair. Please transport it laid out flat in a box/ bin or on hangers so it arrives as wrinkle free as possible. Inspect items carefully for stains, tears, missing buttons or noticeable wear.
- Transport your clothing in a box or bin, laid out flat, or on hangers. Try to get them to us as wrinkle free as possible, please. We don’t expect you to press everything, however, we just can’t accept items that don’t look presentable.
- We do not have a storage area, so items are accepted on a seasonal basis, meaning Christmas items in late October, Halloween in late August, etc. However we do accept shorts and bathing suits year-round, this is sunny South Florida after all!
- We receive an OVERWHELMING amount of onesies, and we take them on a buy outright basis at $.25 a piece. Any onesies that are found to be in unsellable condition will be donated to Community Partners or Kids Closet at Trinity United Methodist Church (with no discount taken from your account.)
- Toys, books and gear should be wiped down and ready to be placed on the sales floor.
- Items that require assembly should come to us assembled unless they are new in the box for better visibility (instruction manuals are a plus, so bring them with you!)
- Make sure games, toys and puzzles have all their pieces.
- Battery operated items must arrive with batteries to ensure customers that they work. We suggest buying dollar store batteries to keep your cost down. Toys that arrive without batteries or almost dead batteries will incur a $2 per battery charge on the consignors account.
- Books are bought outright at $.25 a piece, with a credit added to your account, unless it is a box set. Any books that are found to be unsellable will be donated to Community Partners or Kids Closet at Trinity United Methodist Church (with no discount taken from your account.)
- Please check with us before bringing in large pieces, we may not have room for them.
ALMOST ALWAYS ACCEPTING:
- Clothing size newborn – 12
- Boys and girls shoes and accessories
- Dance wear
- Baby gear – high chairs, strollers, etc.
- Bedding – only in excellent condition (no -mart brands)
- Decor and accessories
- Sports items
SORRY, we do not accept
- items that are not children
- VHS tapes
- outdated (out of style) clothing
- stained items
- have pet hair or odors
- missing buttons or labels
- broken zippers
- or on our “no thank you” brand list
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Baby / Mini Boden
- Baby Nay
- Crew Cuts
- Janie & Jack
- Kissy Kissy
- Little Mass
- Luna Luna
- Matilda Jane
- Under Armour
- Vineyard Vines
- and more
No, but thank you on (new with tags will be taken into consideration):
- Classic Pooh
- Faded Glory
- Jumping Bean
- Koala Baby
- Mini Wear
- Old Navy
- and similar
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BRING YOUR ITEMS
We currently accept walk-in consignment of 25 items or less that adheres to the above guidelines, Monday through Friday, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There is no appointment necessary, however, we strongly encourage you to call us before you come in to ensure we are currently accepting what you have to consign. If you would like to come in on a Saturday you MUST make an appointment. If you are NOT in the book, your consignment may not be accepted.
During the process of reviewing your inventory, there may be some items we do not have a need for. Please, please, please do not be offended if we do not accept all of your items. We reserve the right to donate, dispose of or clearance items left for consignment that have tears, stains, missing/broken pieces or are unsuitable for sale.
You will receive 40% of the base selling price after your items sell. You are welcome to stop in any time to use consignor credit, it can be spent in store instantly! For amounts under $25 we will pay you cash at your request, or for amounts in excess of that, a check disbursement will be made on demand within 2 business days.
Twinkle Rock will display accepted items for 90 days at prices set by management. We will do our best to sell your items at full price, but the selling price may be reduced on or about day 45 and day 60. Some of your items may remain unsold at the end of 90 days. If you would like to retrieve these items in lieu of donation, it is YOUR responsibility to notify Twinkle Rock Kids Consignment, LLC on or before the 90th day to make an appointment for pick up. For the benefit of the consignor, consignment pick ups are done by appointment ONLY. This ensures your items will be ready and pulled when you arrive at the scheduled time. Thank you for understanding that pick ups will not be done on a walk in basis, there are no exceptions to this policy. Please keep track of your pick up date, as we do not make reminder phone calls. After 7 days of contract expiration unclaimed items become property of Twinkle Rock to donate, dispose of or clearance at our discretion.
Remember, presentation is EVERYTHING! Items that are shined up and look great go first, so bring your items looking their best for successful consignment.